Student Guide to Self-Service
Self-Service is the registration program used by Clarkson College. It is directly linked to the program used by the Registrar’s Office. Changes made by that office are instantly viewable on Self-Service. Students will receive their login and password information to access Self-Service prior to registration. Students may register, view grades, track degree requirements through the academic plan, access an unofficial transcript and more.
IMPORTANT: When you close Self-Service you must choose “Close Browser” at the end of the session. Otherwise the next user will be able to log in to your account.
Logging into Self-Service
Self-Service is accessible through the Clarkson College Webpage for current students, or by visiting: https://selfservice.clarksoncollege.edu/SelfService/Home.aspx or on the Quick Links drop down at top choose “Self-Service”.
1. On the left-hand side of the screen enter your Login ID and Password. Click the “Log in” button to access your account.
Changing your password:
After logging in, go to the “My Profile” tab, “Account Information” menu, and click the “password” link on the left side of the screen. You will then be able to enter a new password.
If you have forgotten your password:
Click on “Forgot My Password” underneath the log in button on the home page of Self-Service. You will be prompted to enter your User Name (your student ID). A new password will be emailed to your Clarkson College email account. If you log in unsuccessfully too many times your account will lock. You will not receive a message stating this, however you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office to unlock your account.
Searching for courses/sections
1. Click on the “Search” tab.
2. Choose “Section Search” from the available menu items.
3. Search for a section using:
a. Keyword (i.e. “nursing”), or
b. Course Code (i.e. HC 102 – you must put a space between the prefix and number)
c. Select Period, Session (Regular Session), and Registration Type (Traditional)
4. After clicking search, the icons to the left of the course title indicate if a course is open or closed. On the right side you will see "available seats". This indicates how many seats are available for the course.
5. You may also search for courses using the “Advanced Search” tab. Using this option you may search for waitlisted courses, instructor, meeting day/time, etc.
1. If your account is on a "Stop" you will be unable to register, view your acadmeic plan, grades, or access your unoffical transcript in Self-Service You will need to contact the appropriate department for your"stop" and have it cleared before you'll have access to registration, grades, or view your unofficial transcript.
Registering for Courses
1. Click on the Register tab.
2. Choose Traditional Courses from the available menu items.
3. Select period/term for which to register. You must meet with your advisor and be authorized to register prior to registration. Once you are authorized your status will say “OK to register”.
4. Search for courses by clicking on Section Search along left hand side.
a. Enter course # in Course Code (i.e. EN 101)
b. Courses will show with either a to designate the availability
c. To add to your schedule, click “Add” on right hand side
i. If a course is full, you may add yourself to the waitlist. Click “wait” and proceed to registration.
d. Once you add a course a dialog box will appear asking you to “View Cart or Proceed to Registration”. You may choose either option or hide box and go “Back to Registration”.
e. Continue adding all courses to schedule via same process
f. After adding last course, select Proceed to Registration.
g. Review Schedule, if correct click Next
h. Finalize schedule, if correct click Next
i. Click Finish to save schedule. Items in your cart will not be processed until you complete this process.
j. Print a copy of your schedule for your records. You may click on Student Schedule along left hand side to view schedule.
Registering for a waitlisted course
1. Click on the Register tab
2. Click on Traditional Courses
3. Click on the period you want to register for
4. Click on Section Search
5. Enter the course code you are searching for
6. If the class you want has a red box next to it, the course is closed. If you would like to see if an opening becomes available and register for the course, you my add yourself to the waitlist.
7. Click Wait
8. When you are done selecting courses, click Proceed to Registration
9. Review your schedule and click Next.
10. You have successfully waitlisted yourself for a course
View Course Schedule
1. Click on the Classes tab.
2. Choose Schedule from the available menu items.
3. Select Student Schedule from the option on the left.
4. Enter “period” for term requested.
5. To print a copy of your schedule: under Options on left side, Text will be the default
a. Text will list courses, choose to include “courses in cart and/or waitlisted courses”
b. Grid will show courses schedule for the week, choose to include “courses in cart and/or waitlisted courses”
1. Click on the “Grades” tab.
2. Choose “Grade Report” from the available menu items.
3. Select “period” for term requested.
Accessing your Academic Plan
1. Click on the Register tab, Traditional Courses
2. Choose the Academic Plan menu option.
3. The academic plan will appear in the middle in blue. Click on the link.
1. Click on the Grades tab.
2. Choose Unofficial Transcript from the available menu items.
3. If you wish to print your unofficial transcript, click Print Transcripts under the Options menu on the left hand side.
Phone number add/edit:
1. Click the My Profile tab and select Phone Numbers.
2. Click on Add a Phone Number if you are adding an additional contact number. Note: Only the Primary number can be seen by instructors.
3. Click on Edit on the right side if you need to update your current phone number.
Changing your address:
1. Click the My Profile tab and select Address.
2. Here you can view, manage, and add a new address.
Last updated 03/05/2018